This March marks a surprising anniversary for Measi’s Musings – my tenth anniversary of blogging. Seriously – ten years of Ramblings of a Geeky Witch (which morphed into a more generic Measi’s Musings a few years ago). I can’t believe I’ve been blogging this long, nor how different a person I am now from back then.
I began my blog on March 29, 2001 – mostly out of boredom and for a little place to write down thoughts and nonsense while keeping some basic HTML skills up to date. My blog started on Diary X, then morphed to LiveJournal, then to its current home on my own domain via Blogger, and finally via WordPress. Although I haven’t merged all of the original Diary-X entries into WordPress yet, they do exist on a very messy little archive over on Diaryland. Some day – I’ll get them all here.
So – in honor of my blog’s entry into double-digit years, I’m holding a stitchy giveaway. Here are the items (except two, mentioned below) that that will be in the giveaway basket:
- Birthday Bellpull Samplers #1: Sept, Oct, Nov & Dec (Victoria Sampler) – comes with charts and threadpacks for all four samplers.
- An ornament – stitched by me – from the Prairie Schooler’s new Folk Eggs collection (not pictured above).
- A one year gift subscription to either Just Cross Stitch or Cross Stitch and Needlework magazine (winner’s choice) – not pictured above
- A random pull of six springy color skeins from The Gentle Art sampler threads – included are Daffodil, Lambswool, Huckleberry, Cameo Pink, Grape Leaf, and Lavender Potpourri
- Hatch into Springtime chart, part of the Lil’ Britters line from Brittercup Designs
- Little Bo Peep chart, part of the Country Cottage Kids line from Country Cottage Needleworks
To have your name added to the drawing:
- Comment on this post with an email address where I can contact you in case you’re the winner.
- For a second entry, link to this giveaway post on your own blog & include your blog URL in your comment.
I will be taking entries until Saturday, March 26th at 11:59 U.S. Eastern Time. The winner’s name will be drawn on the 27th and announced as part of my blogoversary post.