I haven’t been on the Saturday 9 in a couple weeks – first for personal issues going on here, and then last week I was away at a stitching retreat. So… hiya! I’m back. :)
Saturday 9: Medicate
1. Do you take a lot of medication? Thankfully no. I take two antihistamines to cover my sinus allergies and my dermatographia every day, but that’s it.
2. Name one of your flaws and tell us about it. One of the worst flaws I have is a chronic nail-biting habit. I keep it under control by getting fake nails put on. For some reason, as long as I have the fake ones on, I don’t try to bite. As soon as something starts go to wrong with one of them, it’s trouble.
I know it’s a nasty habit and I’ve tried to break it, but it’s nearly impossible. They say that 3 weeks will break a habit? Not with this – I had fake nails glued on for a year straight, then took them off to take a rest – and went right back to stress biting.
So yeah – the nails stay “capped” as it were. With pretty, non-traditional colors whenever possible. (OPI’s “Ink” today, for the record)
3. Have you ever won first place? If yes, tell us about your victory! Aside from a couple of little field day things in early elementary school, no. I’ve always been good at things, but I rarely come in first. I’m the second placer most of the time. :)
4. Who is the last person to make you smile? What was happening? My husband, Erich – tickling the belly of our alpha male cat, Gus. Gus thinks he’s huge and vicious and he was furious that Erich could remind him so easily how small he was. Seriously – Gus would eat both of us if he were big enough. He thinks he’s a panther. Too bad he’s only a 15 pound one and can’t do the damage he thinks he can.
5. Describe a time when you should have tried harder. Honestly – I don’t live with should haves/could haves. It would destroy me since I’m already a person who lives with incredible self-doubt. I’m sure there are plenty of times where I should have tried harder at something – but I didn’t for whatever reason.
6. What are you best at? I’m exceptionally good at multitasking and keeping other people organized at work, right down to having one of those memories that can recall tiny little bits of trivia that may not matter in the long-run.
I wish that I could apply that at home!
7. If someone was going to make a movie or TV show about your life, who would play you and why? It would be a little hard to match me – few actresses are fat like me, so I can’t quite picture anyone. For a thinner version of me, perhaps Jodie Foster when she was younger? It would need to be someone who can play the all American girl with a little bit of an edge, a lot more brainier than bombshell.
8. Name 3 things that you think are strange. plastic surgery, iguanas as pets, religious fundamentalism
9. What is one lesson you have learned in the past 12 months? Friends who don’t respect boundaries of behavior toward me are not friends at all (and probably never were).