This weekend was a bit more random than expected, so I wasn’t able to prep names for my giveaway drawing. So… last chance to enter runs through tonight! I’ll do the drawing tomorrow, once I get a bit of insanity finished up elsewhere.
My TUSAL jar continues to fill nicely. It’s very lofty in there, but the threads are now touching the bottom of the neck of the jar now. It’s a mix of different colors from the recent robins, as has been the case so far this year. The robins start wrapping up for me this month, though, so my own projects will start peeking through starting in September. :) You may notice a huge hunk of green in the TUSAL jar. That would be due to Noby, the Bobbin Stalker. Noby looooves bobbins and shreds them. This green skein never stood a chance – he managed to swipe it when it was still in its DMC wrapper right out of the shopping bag when I took a break from winding to grab a pop from the fridge. *sigh*
I’ve spent the past week insane from some work unexpected (things are fine, just busy) and the Mira RR, which I’m due to send out tomorrow. I’ll be fine to get it out on time, although I’m a bit frustrated this round. The squares for Andie’s piece are 50×50. I apparently failed at math when I sketched my borders to pull my excerpt out of Circle of Friends, and counted it at 50 w by only 40 h. So she looks a whole lot more centered on my drawn square than she does in the stitched one. I was really, really pissed off about it yesterday when I discovered it – I was almost done with my crosses, and only noticed once I was putting the falling rose on near her head because it was blatantly NOT near the top corner as my sketched borders indicated. But with only essentially five to seven hours of stitching time until I had to mail, there just is no way to frog out ALL of my stitches and redo. I made a little adjustment with the rose that’s falling near her head and moved it up a few squares to balance the empty space, and I’m adding the beads back in that were cut off above her head by my borders, and I think she’ll be okay. If Andie’s not happy, though, I’ll be happy to frog and redo the square once everyone else has a crack at theirs. I tried emailing her yesterday about it, but the email bounced. I’ll try a Yuku PM later today.
Still, it was so deflating yesterday. She looks very pretty, but I’m just annoyed, thanks to the screaming inner perfectionist. I can’t believe I fail at math. And the kicker – I counted this thing three times! I have the erasing marks to prove it on my chart!
I didn’t make any goals for July, since I knew I was utterly, utterly screwed for time in stitching. The robins had backed up due to illness and insanity, and I had no idea how they were going to go. August, though, is looking much better.
For August, I want to…
- Finish my Mira RR square for Andie and mail off on time.
- Finish Arthenice’s piece for the 2010 RR and mail home
- Finish my hours on Rachel’s piece for the 2011 RR and mail to Blu.
- Have my Mira RR square for Sophia’s piece at least partially done by the beginning of Sept.
- Get a few hours in on the surprise piece I’m stitching with Lisa
- Update the Rhode Island Stitchers blog
I’m looking forward to the start of stitching my own pieces next month. I really am. And next month I’m going to get the page together for the 2012 WIPocalypse, I think – so the word can start spreading far and wide as early as possible. :) I’m thinking there is some giveaway potential with it (much as Daffycat’s doing with the TUSAL this year), and I’ve been chatting with some fellow stitchers on Google + about it, and I think I have an actual plan.