IHSW Progress: The end of the 2010 UFO RR

Arthenice's piece- as sent home 8-22-11I had a good weekend of stitching for the August edition of International Hermit & Stitch Weekend. My original plan was to finish my hours on both the 2010 and 2011 UFO Round Robins. Unfortunately some miscounting limited me to only one piece – I wound up with a slight case of the frogs. But I’m pleased. I finished my hours for the 2010 robin on time and got it mailed back home to Catherine. It feels great to have one of the three robins done and off my list!

For those unfamiliar with the piece, this is Angel of Spring by Lavender & Lace. I focused my hours on filling in the front of her gown – there were some odd gaps in the stitching, so I smoothed everything out and put both of the bright blue shadow folds into the front of her gown.

So on it goes home to Arizona.   🙂

The 2011 UFO Robin is also coming to a close soon.  Originally I would have had one more round, but Blu, who I’ve sent to for that robin, received her piece back home last round all finished except for some beads, and she didn’t have another piece she really could send off for a round.  So I’m wrapping up early!  I’ve started my hours on Rachel’s piece already and should have no problem getting them finished by this weekend, when I can have it mailed off to Blu a full week before the mailing deadline.

And that will knock off my stitching obligations for two of three robins in a single week.

Seriously – I won’t know what to do with myself with all of this free time! I might… (gasp) actually make progress on my own pieces.

And Joysee, since I know you’ll be stopping by… yes, fifty people can still be hermiting.  Doctor Who covered that a couple years ago:

Hermits United! (if the Imbed doesn’t show up)

Facebook Comments

12 comments

1. Rachel says:

I see you had a very productive stitchy weekend!  Me, not so much, lol.  Maybe next weekend! 😀  P.S. I love Doctor Who! 😀

2. Nina Ivanova says:

Hello there! I’m blog hopping to see some hermitters! Love your progress on the  Angel, it’s really beautiful. And the Dr Who video is LOL! 😀 Hermits united!

3. Lissanne says:

I love looking at Round Robin projects! It must be so exciting to receive work back that people have helped you on! Great progress!

4. Joyce L says:

ROFL!!!!! at the vid, Measi. Yeah… Hermits Unite!!! I might even steal that for the IHSW page. 😉

Angel of Spring looks lovely… the shading is so subtle but adds so much to it.

Free time???? Send some my way…. LOL!!!!

5. Yvon Calkhoven says:

I loved the video!!!
    You did great on the Angel, but what are you going to do now?

Hugs Yvon.

6. Rahenna says:

I knoooooow, it’s so exciting to reach the end of the RRs and see how much progress has been made.  That reminds me, I have two things to mail myself… another lovely L&L and the butterfly fairy that came to me by mistake. 🙂

Awesome video, just saw that episode over the weekend.  DW is great for stitchy time… if a little distracting. 😀

7. Hannah says:

Brilliant! Love that video! Love your stitching too. Who doesn’t get the frogs?

I am also more than a little bit in love with Captain Jack… *sigh*

8. Johanna says:

First, I’m so sorry that I haven’t commented for so long. I don’t know what’s wrong with my Newsfire, I didn’t have new posts on some blogs for weeks and now, wuuush, millions of posts from the past weeks!

The progress you made on IHSW is amazing, Angel of Spring is just a gorgeous design!
    And that video… I just love it =)

Comments are closed.