Good goddess, life’s been busy this year. Work’s been turned upside down due to one of my managers leaving for a new opportunity. My workload has been… excessive. I’m trying to stay on top of it and keep my chin up, but I admit that I’ve moved into the burnout phase and am now mulling what I want to do going further. I know that I can’t keep up at this pace for much longer. Something needs to give, and I want to nip it before I’m forced to make it give in desperate fashion (read: take any old job to get out of here)
I realized this morning that my WIPocalypse post seems to have disappeared into the ether. I know I wrote one and had it scheduled to post on time, but I guess in the strangeness of life these days I must have forgotten that ever-important “save” button or something. I’m forgetting exactly WHAT I wanted to post now that it’s been a bit, though, so I’ll make this a quick one. After all, the next update’s only in a couple weeks, and I should have a couple of great finishes to share then!
So here we go…
I focused on my Theme-a-licious projects for May in this recap post. And back a couple posts from that, I have my most recent photo of Witches Wheel. 🙂
Floral Bellpull is moving right along. I may have even done a bit more than what’s here, come to think of it, but this is pretty close to where I’m now at. The peonies are developing nicely despite all of the confetti stitching. I’m using the “go by color” method with the pinks, which I know isn’t the safest way to work confetti. It helps me feel like I’m accomplishing a bit more, though, knowing that a color is “done.”
I have to admit that this square seems to be going fairly quickly. I have True Blood to thank for that – lots of reruns recently, plus the episodes from Season 4 have been On Demand, so I’ve spent some time with (thankfully) non-glittery vampires as I work. It definitely helps keep things moving.
I plan on making this a bigger focus piece during my Olympic stitching. Ideally, I’d like to have this square done, plus any backstitching to this point that still needs to be finished, all by the end of August. That way I only have the final square to focus on, and can celebrate a completion sometime in the autumn.
As longer-time readers of my blog might remember, this piece is the final unfinished stitching piece my mother-in-law left before passing away in 2007. I finished the other one, Garden Sampler, in 2010. I admit that Walk in the Woods is a bit off my taste. I like it, but the colors on it just don’t excite me that much, so it’s been a bit of a slog to get through this one. I did send it out for a round in the UFO RR 2011, and Kris did an amazing job pushing it forward… to the point that I don’t feel right putting only my and my MIL’s initials on the piece when it’s done. I may be tweaking the date line a little bit to fit us on there.
This photo’s as of Monday. I’ve made some more progress since then – finishing the acorn motif where my needle is in this picture, adding the leaf that’s missing between M and N, and putting in some of the missing colors on other motifs. Saturday night may be my big push on it, since Erich will be off doing stuff with the guys. 🙂
I can’t seem to find a photo of where I am with my Mira RR, which is my other focus piece for the month. Needless to say, it’s also almost done. I had to do an order for beads and Kreinik last week, and now that those are in, everything else will get wrapped up. Once Walk in the Woods is done, back to the Mira I go, also to be finished before the end of June.
Two finishes in a month. 🙂 I can’t wait!