Peggy over at The Stepmom’s Toolbox posted today about Gratitude and challenged readers to make a list of 10 things in 80 seconds that they were grateful for. I’d been trying to figure out a topic for today’s Thursday Thirteen anyway… so here it is… my ten plus three.
I confess it took about four minutes… but that’s mostly because my longhand writing is a tad slow. Translations for those who can’t read my writing are under the pictures. :)
Thirteen Things I am grateful for today…
1) I witnessed my son pull himself up to sit on his own yesterday for the first time.
2) After a crazy year of health issues, I feel good… lost some weight, blood pressure’s good, and post-partum depression is under control.
3) My husband, who is my partner, my rock, my best friend. <3
4) That despite my day-to-day frustrations, I have a good job and work with people who appreciate me.
5) The Red Sox are in the World Series.
6) I have found a way to re-center myself when things are stressful.
7) The crisp air of autumn – it is energizing and “cozy.”
8) I am not afraid to try new things, even if I’m embarressed (sic) when I fail. (like in spelling… for example… – edit.)
9) That Erich and I tell each other “I love you” before drifting off to sleep every night.
10) It may be a mess and in dire need of renovation, but I have a home… there’s no place like it.
11) I have the courage to write my thoughts so I can express myself as needed on important topics.
12) May I never lose my need for wanderlust and its pull to just see where a random state road leads…
13) That I have friends who I can laugh with, cry with, and grow with.
Happy Thursday everyone!