Sorry for the delay getting this post up. Yesterday was an extremely off day for me due to starting the day with a fender-bender on my way to work. I wound up being the middle car in a three car accident. Thankfully no one was hurt and all three cars just suffered some relatively minor bumper damage. Everyone drove away just fine from the accident, and honestly as far as dealing with it, the two guys involved with me were probably as polite and easy going as folks can be when something like this happens. Mentally I was just a bit off the rest of the day, though (and a bit sore today), and just completely forgot to make the post. But seriously – all’s well. It’s just one of those “life happens” (insert an expletive, should you choose) events. Ah well…
This month’s discussion topic involves where we like to stitch: How do you keep your stash organized?
So the big announcement this month – WIPocalypse is having a giveaway! Although it went quietly due to stuff going on around the Measi house, March 29th was also my blogoversary (13 years!!) 🙂 I haven’t held a giveaway in a while, and I think my blog becoming a teenager is a very good reason to celebrate!
The winner will receive…
- Three (3) 20-yard skeins of Threadworx threads(in #10131 Captain Jack, # 1050 Dezeray’s Dreams, and #1068 Hawaiian Flowers); and
- A surprise chart from either Rosewood Manor or Ink Circles purchased at Celebration of Needlework in Nashua the first weekend of May (to be updated)
- One pack of Bohin needles, size 28s.
Depending on what I see at Celebration, a couple other things may wind up in the winner’s pack, too (i.e. a “limited edition” purchase, if there are any that are Celebration-specific).
Here are the rules and details for the giveaway:
- You must check in with your WIPocalypse post (as normal) linked to this post no later than 11:59 of Friday, May 9, 2014, U.S. Eastern Daylight Time. Your check-in post must include your answer to the topic of the month.
- Then add your information to the drawing database HERE. Please note that only I have access to this information, and the database will be wiped immediately after the drawing.
- No residency restrictions for this giveaway – I will ship worldwide.
- Entrants who have participated in at least two previous WIPocalypse check-ins will receive ONE EXTRA CHANCE in the drawing.
- The drawing will be held on Sunday, May 11th. I will be using a random number generator to pick the entrant from the form-generated database.
- The winner of the drawing will be announced on the May check-in post, which will be posted live on May 14th.
Good luck, everyone! I look forward to your status posts!
Until next month…
Important SAL Announcements…
Next month’s posting date: May 14th
Topic for next month: What designs or themes do you really wish you could find? What do you think is missing among stitching designs?
Please remember that this stitch-a-long is intended to be fun – so if you’re too busy to post, too busy/ill/etc. to stitch – no worries. Post when you can and share what you have going, even if you’ve only been able to toss a single stitch into it. If you miss a few months, not a problem – just jump back in when you’re back with us! It’s not a race or a competition – we’re all just here to cheer each other on with our progress.
Due to different browsing software, some bloggers have found it difficult to check-in with their posts. There are three different ways to check in:
- Via Auto-link
- Via comments (make sure you include your blog address!)
- Via email – to measiwitch(at)gmail.com, only if the other two options are not working. Again- make sure you include your blog address! I’ll add it to the auto-link myself when I have a free moment.