Five Minute Friday: Turn

15709180136_328ff693fb_zThose who’d like to participate in Five Minute Friday will write for five minutes on the topic of the week, post it on their own blog and link up the post here.  This is meant to be a free write, which means: no editing, no over-thinking, no worrying about perfect grammar or punctuation.

Just write.

This week’s prompt is:  TURN

It’s also Fountain Pen Day today… so I wrote my post long-hand in a notebook.  🙂  In case my handwriting is a bit too difficult to read, look under the photo for the transcription…

15547699527_9cf03338c6_h

It’s Five Minute Friday today.  It’s also Fountain pen Day, so I figured I’d do this blog post the old fashioned way.  🙂

November 7th is a difficult anniversary for me – a day I made a choice that was the right thing at the time, but a hard one – and one that marks a turning point in my life.  I don’t regret making it, nor am I proud.  I just am at peace with it.

And that’s where I’m happy to be.

Seventeen years ago, I turned a corner in my life.  Crazy to think it’s been that long, and yet sometimes now (as today) I have to do the math in my head.  Perp Perhaps that’s the sign of true healing – not clinging anymore to the details.  The memories remain, but aren’t omnipresent – they can be turned off, walked away from, and a new, better path can become the adventure.  That turn – that finally healing turn – was made 20 months ago.

And despite all of my frustration and misery day-by-day, it’s where I’m happy to be.

~ Melissa

Facebook Comments

9 comments

1. Cindy Swanson says:

I actually love your handwriting…and I love fountain pens! I keep intending to get some. Love that you handwrote that post…and glad you’re at peace with your lifechanging decision.

Have you heard of Lamy fountain pens? I hear they’re amazing.

• Measi says:

I have heard of Lamy pens… the blue one in the middle is a Lamy Safari. They’re very nice. I do like the other ones in this photo *just* a bit better, personally (they’re both Monteverde pens), but it’s mostly because the Lamy grip is a little weird for me since I don’t write with three fingers supporting the pen (I rest it on my ring finger… always have).

2. Anita Ojeda says:

Aw, I LOVE fountain pens! And you have such a lovely collection. I loved them as a kid, and I finally invested in one this summer and I’m using it to write in my new, leather-bound gratitude journal :).

• Measi says:

There’s just something about them… it’s almost like taking writing to a very intimate, personal level because you have to pick the pen and the ink that works for your personal hand… and it really is a bit of a commitment because of the higher price (but so worth it).

What type of pen are you writing with, Anita?

3. Tobi@SimplyJesus says:

So glad you are at peace with your decision, and I love that you hand wrote it, especially the purple. You have beautiful handwriting by the way. Stopping in from 31 day survivors.

4. Sarah says:

You blogged in pen!!!!!! I LOVE it!!

And I don’t really “know” you, but I’m happy for you being at peace. I was just yesterday reflecting on some of my old life’s decisions and how, though they didn’t create perfect solutions, I am okay with them, I no longer kick myself in regret. Blessings to you and yours.

Comments are closed.