Happy New Year everyone!
I hope that your celebrations with family and friends were happy ones this holiday season. It’s about noon here on New Year’s Day, and I’ve already enjoyed throwing some stitches into a new start for the year.
I’ve enjoyed a quiet week off between Christmas and New Year’s, in which I had the pleasure of sitting down and looking through all of the pieces I’ve started but not finished, or kitted (either fully or partially). I love the whole process of dreaming and imagining what I might finish for the year, and discovering projects I forgot I had. (the memory’s a bit fuzzy about stitching pre-Max, I have to admit!) While I know the dreaming goes a bit out of control with how much time I’ll actually be able to sit with a needle, I’m feeling good about this year. Max is a bit older, and I can safely stitch with him in the room now for small bursts. I just need to plan the appropriate projects for those times, and I might actually get a good amount done!
This check-in post marks the beginning of the sixth edition of the WIPocalypse. If you’re a veteran stitcher, welcome back to the (low-key) insanity! 🙂 And if you’re joining us for the first time, welcome! You’ll find that this is a very easy-going, low-key stitch-a-long. It’s here purely to celebrate our progress and accomplishments. Anything goes!
If you missed the post last month, I just wanted to remind folks of the format for this year:
- Monthly check-in posts will now go live on the final Sunday of each month (with the exception of this post, of course). The dates for this year’s postings are on the WIPocalypse Info Page.
- Stitcher’s blogging questions will continue for 2017. You can find those questions on the info page as well. They remain optional, of course. And as always, if you have any questions you’d like added to the queue, please let me know!
- We now have a Facebook group! Come join us for some everyday stitchy progress sharing and a comfortable atmosphere to meet your fellow stitchers.
There may be other surprises upcoming through the year, providing time and life doesn’t go completely haywire for me as it did in 2016. So stay tuned!
I’ll finish this post here so we can get this SAL started. Happy stitching, everyone!
Important SAL Announcements…
Question of the Month – Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!
Next posting date: January 29, 2017
Topic for next time: What Stitch-a-Longs (SALs) are you participating in this year?
Please remember that this stitch-a-long is intended to be fun – so if you’re too busy to post, too busy/ill/etc. to stitch – no worries. Post when you can and share what you have going, even if you’ve only been able to toss a single stitch into it. If you miss a few months, not a problem – just jump back in when you’re back with us! It’s not a race or a competition – we’re all just here to cheer each other on with our progress.
Due to different browsing software, some bloggers have found it difficult to check-in with their posts. There are three different ways to check in:
- Via Auto-link
- Via comments (make sure you include your blog address!)
- Via email – to measiwitch(at)gmail.com, only if the other two options are not working. Again- make sure you include your blog address! I’ll add it to the auto-link myself when I have a free moment.