I haven’t been particularly good with this project – although those very close to me know why. I set goals for myself, but failed to post them. Honestly, probably it’s just as well. It’s been a very difficult few months for me, and I’ve been in survival mode for a good portion of it. Thankfully – hopefully – things are starting to improve. So I’m going to try to dust myself off and start living again beyond the “just get through the day” mentality I’ve been in since late January.
So I’m starting fresh for the summer. And hopefully I’ll manage to keep myself going on it this time!
- Start my day organizing my notes so I really know what I have to accomplish.
- Read for an hour daily.
- Cross stitch for at least thirty minutes daily.
- Exercise. Whether 20 minutes on the bike, a long walk… whatever. I need to get moving. Starting this as a 3x per week goal for now, due to my current fitness level. It’s a start, and I’ll go from there.
- Sleep one morning with no alarm clock.
- Spend time in my garden – whether working or just enjoying everything as it grows.
- Blog – about something not related to stitching. Anything, any topic.
- Take a wanderlust drive down one of the numbered state roads I haven’t explored.
- Sit ritual – somewhere, for any reason. Even if it’s just to ground and center.
- Create a space that’s relaxing in my bedroom. Paint, new comforter – whatever’s needed.
- Spend time with the wonderful crafty women I’ve met in the last year.
• Monday, December 29th, 2008
I’m being overly technical here, but I need to for my own sanity and to make sure I don’t half-ass things here…
nothing to see unless you’re interested in stupid logical to-do lists
• Monday, November 24th, 2008
• Wednesday, July 30th, 2008
• Monday, June 23rd, 2008
• Sunday, April 20th, 2008
• Monday, January 21st, 2008
I swear Erich and I must be the only legally bound couple in New England who both have to work today. *sigh* There sure as hell weren’t a lot of people on the commute today – not only did I get a three-seat to myself on the train, but most of the backward-facing seats were completely empty.
This means, of course, that on the way home they’ll close off cars and cram us all onto one car, rather than let us enjoy our rides home with personal space. Mark my words, it’ll happen.
Watched the Pats game yesterday – very happy the Pats are in the Superbowl. L.T. just amuses me – I realize that he has tremendous talent. I realize he was injured. I can respect that he recongized that his lack of effective play due to injury made him decide to keep himself off the field. But for a guy who spouts his mouth off all the time, he certainly knows how to sulk, be anti-social and be unsupportive of his team, doesn’t he? Rivers? Huge props for playing with that knee. Huge.
Bummed a bit that the Packers aren’t going to the Superbowl – Favre vs. Brady would have been fantastic. But hey, Manning the younger will be great too – the Giants gave the Pats such a fantastic game at the end of the season. Should be a great match up.
Lots of random crap to do this week – exhaustion from work last week kinda took over this weekend. I worked on a few things, but nothing was completed other than my beta reading for rabid1st and some completely non-essential to life things on World of Warcraft (although I’m now keyed for Kara… yay!). So this week’s stuff-to-do includes:
1) The final drafting of my OSK pinch hit (thank you, principia_coh for the brainstorming ideas!!!)
2) Update the TBS website with the new initiated class
3) Finish the never-ending pile of laundry in the basement
4) Reclaim the kitchen
5) Give the bathroom a proper scrub
6) Reclaim the futon in the sunroom
• Friday, December 28th, 2007
• Friday, December 21st, 2007
• Wednesday, November 28th, 2007
• Monday, November 26th, 2007
• Tuesday, November 06th, 2007
• Tuesday, September 18th, 2007
• Saturday, September 15th, 2007